The new year is a time where we set goals for things we want to accomplish. Many have resolutions like lose weight or save money. I just cant bare to set another goal to accomplish when I will probably change my mind about whats important to me in a month or so anyway. Also, lets be real and admit that these types of resolutions rarely see follow through.
A few days ago I was browsing YouTube and came across a woman who set 12 projects that she wanted to accomplish for the year, one for each month. This happens to be something that has my name written all over it.
Here are 12 projects that I want to do this year:
- type all my favorite recipes up an print onto index cards
- use the above typed recipes to make a menu board. The board will have all my menu items written down on it and my recipe cards for each attached.
- I need some large art so I want to do this: http://diana212m.blogspot.com/2013/09/emptying-gestures.html I have a large wall and this is just so beautiful, I know I will have fun doing it too!
- I have been wanting to get a large rug to go in our living room, but i’m not willing to pay a ton of money. I want to make something like this: http://www.finecraftguild.com/eco-friendly-bath-mat-fun-diy-project-to-do-in-the-easter-break/ . I want to use other materials instead of old towels. not sure of the specifics yet.
- I want to make myself a new tote bag.
- Patch up the knees of husbands jeans. This is the tutorial I will use to do my repairs: http://youtu.be/CaXCC3k8_8g
- write a childrens story. This is something I have been wanting to try my hand at.
- make some decorative pillows for the couch and chair. This is a good reference tutorial for what I want to do: http://www.ourlakelife.com/2012/01/09/lake-house-style-easy-peasy-envelope-back-pillow-tutorial/
- I want to make a pretend midwifery kit for my kids to use when I decide to have a third baby.
- I need to make one of these: http://giftedkids.about.com/od/seasonalholidayideas/ig/Snow-Creatures/Fallen-Snowman.htm Why? It looks so fun.
- I want to do this tutorial for a mirror to hang up: http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/05/15-diy-mirror.html Another decorative item.
- I want to make some art depicting rats. I LOVE rats and oddly don’t have any pieces of art with rats as a theme.
Here it is, 12 things I hope to accomplish in 2014. Let me know about things that you want to accomplish, I would love to hear them.
New Years Celebration:
We are yet to decide how we will celebrate or our New Years Eve. Honestly, we will probably rent some movies from the red box, have some snacks and sparkling apple cider or soda. Diner will be nothing special.
On New Years Day I will make a traditional styled dinner to bring fortune. I researched and decided that we would do something simple: black eyed peas, greens, corn bread and steak. Ohh yeah. We will be having kale as our green which represents money, black eyed peas which represent coins, corn bread represents gold and I chose steak because its just so darn tasty. I will have to make a cake too.
I do hope you all have a safe, fun and festive New Year and let me know how you celebrate it!
Happy New Year!